SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Weekend Journal 22-23 August

rob333 (zone 7b)
14 years ago

Boy am I sight! I have peeling skin from too much sun at the beach (much to my chagrin as the same sunscreen I can use in Nashville that is waterproof, sweatproof all day long only worked for about three hours at the Gulf, phooey!), 7 bruises, 13 scratches, and innumerable bug bites (truly, there were so many I lost count and some aggregated so close together they were one big one), I have paint in my hair, varnish on my knees, dirt under my fingernails, and a smile on my face. I finished, with the help of my sister, the back of the house on Saturday. We painted those pain in the panes windows. I had 14 panes on three windows and one door that all had to be taped. I finished the last length of the eave, cleaned out the back of the backyard and now LF can get to his tree house and even scale the tree without having to fight the vines. I trimmed back the vines eating my little tree by the kitchen window that provides me with green all year long. I decided I wanted to find those brackets in the messy garage and decided to just hunker down and move the garbage around. I found many of the gardening implements and the volleyball/badminton set. But I didn't find the bracket :( I did find the bunnies! Yea, hurray! There was much rejoicing. After SusieQ left, I would walk into the kitchen and see my little tree and the sun actually shone through it now that it wasn't densely covered by the obnoxious wild? grape and japanese honeysuck-ing the life out of it vines. As dinner time rolled around, even though I ached from head to toe, I decided I couldn't take another moment of the huge monstrosity of the entertainment center (cheap pressed wood, at least 15 years old, scratched up) any more. I beat it into submission with a hammer, and the decimated parts went into the trash pile that has taken David two trips, and one remaining, to clear out. Dinner was fried eggs and toast with cold cold milk. I'd worked from 7AM-8PM with a 30 minutes or so break for coffee in the morning. I slept like the dead I was so exhausted.

I got up on Sunday morning still aching. I took more time getting out of bed, but dragged myself out by thinking, the front and side won't be nearly as hard to finish. And it wasn't. Not only did I finish painting two coats on the eaves and side windows, along with sealing porch, I cleared out the tree debris of the side yard, lopped the tree hanging in the neighbor's yard, and put the herbs in the ground since we have a week of cool weather here. As I stood there drinking my cold glass of water, the next door neighbor guy drove up. He commented that I sure was working hard. I told him I had to finish so I could into a place I could better afford. He said that he was going to win the lottery so he could retire. I said, I'll go in it with you and split it. He said he'd help me out if he won. I believe it, he's really nice. Made coq au vin, sort of. I cut and browned the vegetables, set them aside, browned the chicken, put it all together and then covered in wine... but never added the herbs. It was still good. Served with spaghetti. I decided I needed something sweet, but also decided it was time to try pie crusts again. My nemesis! I did it, but it took so long, I threw it in the fridge and left the mess in the sink. I hope no one shows up unexpectedly at the house today! I didn't sleep like the dead last night as there was ?a squirrel in the attic scampering around, the cats decided they needed to fight, I was too hot, but felt cold and I think I slept two hours total.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
More Discussions