SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mgood4u

UPDATE: Hortiholics Anon. August gifts received :) :) :)

mgood4u
18 years ago

Hello everyone--new thread here! Please feel free to post your July gifts here also if they are coming your way now. I know a few were just mailed recently but if you didn't get your July box yet PLMK. Have a great month.

Dawn

Comments (64)

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

HI everyone.

I have a question for my secret pal, maybe you can answer to Dawn and she could forward your response to me.

Does the canna you sent me have a name? (It is growing gangbusters in my garden and I'm wondering what color flower I can expect). It is such a beautiful plant, the foilage is gorgeous. It's doubled in size since you sent it to me a few weeks ago. I'm going to have to go out and take some pictures of it tonight.

Thanks
    p.s. My secret pal box for Aug was supposed to go out today, but it's been delayed a few days. I HAVE to sew my son's favorite comforter before he disowns me. The August box is next on the "to-do" list.

• ggsnail
    18 years ago

I have been up to my ears at work and haven't had a chance to post. Sorry, secret pal, to make you worry. You're box did arrive last week and what a box it was!
    In my box was a cool garden stake that looks like a carrot, an organic birdhouse, some cute stationary set with bees on it, a basket with an apple on either side (love little baskets, they are SO handy). I also got some pink gladiola bulbs (these will go great in my pink area of my garden), a bunch of seeds: squash, kohlrabi, nigella, scarlet flax, catchfly, red & yellow columbine, McKanna's Giant Columbine (luv my columbine), and some amsonia hubrechii. Now, if I can find some spare time at work to research all these plants, I'll know what they're going to look like next year.
    Oh, and some Starburst candy. I'm still a kid, I love Starburst.

Thank you, secret pal for a wonderful box.

Gail

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: Hortiholics****March pals updates :)

Q

Comments (12)
    Hi! Treasa~ I emailed you--your box is on the way said your pal! I never got an email back about outapatience. That is one bad thing about getting to know people over the internet. One day you just don't hear from them again and you are left wondering. This happened with a couple people I met here. ggsnail is another that i wonder about and hope is ok. Erica~~If you would've been here last year when we started this swap......there was always conversations, etc. I had to make new threads all the time because we would get to 100 posts so fast. There were about 26 of us swapping then, and it was new and everyone had the same sender/receiver pals at least for awhile until people had to drop, didn't send, problems arose.....etc. It is hard to keep a big 12 month swap going (I have found out...lol)! There aren't many of us left. I guess that being busy and nice weather, etc holds back the conversation part of posting. When there is only a small # people it is harder to get a reply than when there is 20-30. Anyways.......I am making Aprils thread now..check it out!
    ...See More

update: look here~ hortiholics --june gifts

Q

Comments (56)
    well I got my box today and man was it well worth the wait!! the box was pretty big! much bigger than I expected it to be!! so I opened it up and what did I see? a lot of goodies staring back at me!! here's what I got... *plants* ~snow in the mountains-really pretty plant with varigated leaves!! ~jesky(sp?)pink tomato plant-she got the seeds from an indian tribe...isn't that cool?! ~green zebra tomato(heritage tomato) ~datura-"La Fleus Lilac" *seeds* ~red hawaiin hibiscus ~sweet peas(mixed colors)-from 1910!!!! ~woodland poppy ~tall lily(white) ~oriental lily "dizzy" ~oriental lily "aubade" ~oriental lily "stargazer" ~oriental lily "ginza" ~oriental lily "casa blanca" ~lily "black beauty" *bulbs* ~daffodil "cheerfulness" ~asiatic lily "moonshine" I also got a really pretty butterfly windchime! I really appreciate all this! I've been really wanting some of all that you sent me lol. and I really really needed some tomato plants too!! oh and I almost forgot! she sent me a yummy sounding recipe for tomato sauce!! I can't wait to try it :-) P.s.-I'm gonna go ahead and tell you here because I don't want to put more work on dawn because she's doing enough work already(**hugs to you dawn**)I hope that's ok with you pal...but anyway I do LOVE daturas and brugmansias...I don't have any of either but I do have datura now because of you...thanks so much! but if you want to send me more that's absolutely fine by me! send me anything you want I'm very easy to please :-) p.p.s.-to my pal that I'm sending to...I'm trying my darndest to get to the post office! I'll try to get it out next week sometime! sorry it's taking so long :-(
    ...See More

Still taking Sign-ups for Hortiholics Anon. RR

Q

Comments (29)
    12.kayemell 13.efrosty1 Ok, I will get partners paired up tonight and send e-mails tomorrow with the info. Sorry to the few of you who didn't get your questionnaires send back in. I sent a finale-mail and never heard back. Maybe next time around. Thanks to all of you who got'em back in! I went to a plant swap today and receivee lots - o - goodies! This was my 2nd year attending. It was really enjoyable being with other gardeners and sharing our gardens. Please post here when you receive your partners info. After everyone has posted, I will start a NEW THREAD and that is where we will post when we send and receive, and what all goodies is in our package. Thanks for joining! I hope you all enjoy. Tina
    ...See More

update: july hortiholics anon rr

Q

Comments (51)
    Erica, sorry to hear about your hubby. I hope he is doing o.k. I also wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday! Hoping that tomorrow will bring you everything you wished for and be one of the best Birthdays you ever had! I will have a drink or two or three...LOL..in your honor tomorrow while sitting on that %*&%& plane for eight and a half hours. Anyway, here is to you girl! Cheers!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERICA!!!!!
    ...See More
  • mgood4u
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi ggsnail. Here is a link with some pics I found of some of your new flowers. Hope this helps--they are pretty. You have a nice pal!

Here is a link that might be useful: flowers

• ggsnail
    18 years ago

Whew, getting ready for the CEO of our parent company has about worn me out and I have hardly had any time to do anything.

Thanks for the link, Dawn. I can't wait to plant these. Next Spring, right? I wanna plant em now! Whine, whine.

You're right, I do have a nice pal!

I'm glad that your surgery went well and you are better. Take care of yourself and take it easy.

Welcome, Arailla!

Gail

• mgood4u
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I'd think those should wait for spring. Your too busy and I am soooo bored!!! (As you can probably tell!) You'd think I be glad with no work or school--but I can't garden yet or anything! Bummer. Oh well! At least I am feeling better so I can't complain--yet!!!

Dawn

• wishnforspring
    18 years ago

Dawn,
    Sorry it's taken me so long to write. I'm glad you are progressing so well! Just don't get to anxious (remember we nurses are the Worst patients-- after Dr.'s that is!) I haven't recieved my Aug. box or sent mine yet either.I plan on sending soon though.
    Welcome to Arailla also.She seems to know us well already!
    I have a suggestion for this thread.. maybe we could all post here what themes we have in our houses or colors so our pals could have more ideas? Just a thought.

• mgood4u
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hey all! I think that is a great idea, wishnforspring! I'll start:

The outside of my house is yellow w/ white trim. We have a wooden deck and a stone patio w/ a self made fire pit.

Livingroom-walls are a very pale green, the furniture I have is medium wood, I try to keep knicknacs and that to a minium and use a few bold things that I love. These are usually things with a natural or nature theme. Such as, some really pretty hand crafted engraved pots made by American Indians, and picture frames that reflect nature (leaves, stone-look, etc.) I have light colored bamboo blinds. The colors used most often are greens, burgandy, browns, tans. I use a lot of vases for fresh flowers also.

The Kitchen- no theme same type of stuff as above - colors are neutrals. I like cute little spice canisters, tiny birdhouses and stuff like that.

Actually, pretty much the same natural, natural-earthy stuff in all rooms! My bedroom is a deep greenish color and we have cherry wood in there. Our comforter looks like a patchwork quilt with colors of greens & browns and lots of different textures in some of the squares. I like to use candles in there-but nothing too strong or perfumey.

I use tans and blue shades in the bathroom, which is really small so I can't put much in there. The blue is a med. bluey-gray color.
    I'm not much into pastels and primary colors. I love the colors you see in Mexican Adobe homes and country syle log cabins. I think I watch too much HGTV!!!! lol.

• barb_ny5
    18 years ago

Hi all. I've been away from the computer trying to keep up with all the watering. We've been in a drought here in NY. It's been crazy. Afternoons bring these great big thunderheads and I'm thinking, finally. Nada, nothing, not one drop!!! Drag out the hose again.
    Glad to hear you're feeling better Dawn. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    To my SP: I have to tell you the tiger (?)lily bulbs you sent bloomed so large it was incredible. I thought they might fall over as the stems were only a foot tall and the flowers so large. And what a fragrance! Wonderful. Thanks again.
    Welcome to all the new hortiholics. You'll really enjoy this group of folks. Take care, Barb

• wishnforspring
    18 years ago

Here are some hints for my pal also.
    I also like earthtones. My L.Room is a "cabin " theme with mossy green walls and a sunflower border and Oak furniture,wooden floors and of course a big bow window for my plants!(It's full though)Bears,moose and such.

New bathroom- Safari theme. I LOVE GIRAFFES! Also a big window.Work in progress!

Kitchen- Rooster theme. Not alot of wall space though.Oak cupboards and earthtones as well.

Bedroom- Periwinkle walls with a hummingbird/morn. glory border and periwinkle carpet.
    I also am not into pastel colors for decorating that is-strictly earthtones.But like Colbalt blue.
    I love Tigger from Winnie The Pooh. Collect old tins, Boyd's Bears,the 70's style stone look (usually has brown or light blue decorations on it) things,frogs.
    Outside for decorating I like the whimsical-not cartoonish decorations and the resin type ornaments. Fairies are becoming a favorite of mine.
    Flowers-NEW obsession!!!! DAYLILIES_DAYLILIES!!
    Flowers most wanted- found some more to add-
    ~Allium-Azure Blue,Persian Blue& Jade
    eyes ( Pix in New Breck's cata-
    logue)
    ~Crown Imperials- all of them!
    ~Firecracker flower
    ~RED Peony POPPY or other than pink
    Just a few ideas in case your having problems like I was!
    Happy gardening all! :o)

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

I think it's a good idea to update "special wants" that may come up this way if we are not sure what to get our secret pals they can list their "most wanted" here and we can take a look.

• sparrownest
    18 years ago

I received a nice package from my new pal. It contained a Christmas ornament, seeds - Columbine, Marigold and morning glories, a glue stick, an angel plant stake, and a light up rose that was for my daughter, which I haven't seen since I opened the box. I hope I didn't forget anything. Thank you!

• indyflower
    18 years ago

Hey everyone,
    Just checking in before I head out to the garden for some major "make up work"!! I haven't been out there in almost a couple of weeks! I have to move a few plants that have out grown the current location. I also have to clean up my vegetable garden. I'll post more information on my decorating style when I have a little more time. I finally have a day that is not above 80 degrees before 10 am. I hope everyone's garden is growing well!
    Happy Gardening <:- harriette>

• lilyroseviolet
    18 years ago

just checking in...we havent forgotten my secret pal.

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

Hi. Anyone else get their August boxes yet?

• wishnforspring
    18 years ago

Haven't seen one from mine. Sent mine out this week though.

• efrosty1
    18 years ago

i haven't recieved mine yet, but i sent mine out today...look out pal it's on it's way...

• stacy_tn_z7
    18 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I received a wonderful August box the day before yesterday. It had two plants, a Columbine and a St. John's Wort, a huge A-Z Garden book, Morning Glory seeds, a two gifts for my children (hope I didn't leave anything out here). Thank you secret pal, you really know how to brighten my day! Stacy

• Araillia
    18 years ago

I received my August box today and just in time for my birthday! I got a lovely birthday card that has a little pocket with some cosmos seeds in it. Where did you get that card SP? I want to know so that I can get some to send out in the future. I also got several romance books, a big photo album, a beautiful calander, a cute little butterfly that is already hanging on one of my potted plants, a cat mint plant and some blue columbines...now tell me that isn't a great secret pal I have.

Thank you SP you made me ---->

• efrosty1
    18 years ago

hi, everyone.. i just wanted to post that i received my august box from my pal...wow is all i can say...she filled a huge box full of huge daffodil bulbs and i mean filled to the rim..they are called " unsurpassable " oh, i can't wait until spring.....thanks so much pal for such a wonderful surprise... i can't wait to see them...erica

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

Lucky you Erica, I love daffodils! And you picture too!

• efrosty1
    18 years ago

yes it was such a wonderful surprise.. this box was so full it was more round than square.. now my husband and i are deciding where we are going to plant 100+ give or take daffodils.he wants them here, i want them there.lol

what fun..hehhee thank you secert pal..i love them....

• julus_pahl
    18 years ago

Hey everyone...
    I recieved my package today and it was filled with all sorts of trinkets. A suncatcher windchime, a stuffed bunny, a toy lizzard, a pumkin carving kit, some nail polishes and creams for my wife, candles, and more. With halloween around the corner the pumkin carving kit will be very useful. Thanks!

• barb_ny5
    18 years ago

Well my SP has been at it again. When I picked up the box at the PO I couldn't imagine what was being sent that could be so weighty. Inside was: 2 cast metal birds (I beleive that they are sparrows)quite beautiful, and if that wasn't enough there was also an antique guide to birds. I love this as I have one on wildflowers of the same vintage. A hand blown glass hummingbird feeder (I will hang this inside the house over winter, minus it's spout feeder, as it's too beautiful to put away for the winter!) which was inside a bird house made by the boy scouts, a porcelain picture frame, seeds of morning glories,creeping daisy and an egg filled with sunflower seeds. Also....a Blomming Birds magazine that has a great article on Larkspurs and a photo of SP's garden full of these beautiful flowers. WOW! Thanks so much for all your kindness. Sincerely,Barb

• uptreasa
    18 years ago

I love checking in to see what everyone is finding in their boxes. Wow!! This is so great!!!Almost as much fun as getting a box, isn't it!!! : ) Treasa

• mgood4u
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi. I got my pal box today! I received some stuff for crafts, which my kids will really enjoy--especially when they are bored and need some thing to do. I got craft scissors, a magazine, lots of craft idea cards, some stickers, stampers, and adhesive remover. Thanks for thinking of me pal! Cute box decorating also.

Looks like everyone is getting nice stuff! Love all the pictures that are posted also! Dawn

• jcpyburn
    18 years ago

Hi,

I just wanted to post that I received my July and August boxes yesterday and I didn't have time to post them then. I don't remember which box was which so I will list everything together. I received a handmade pillow with Psalm 23 on it(love that, it is going on my bed!), a pack of gardening tools(forever needing those as I am rough on tools!!) 6 different packets of seeds, a box of salt water taffy, 4 scented votive candles, and a little seashell covered ring? box(I am assuming that is what it is for!!). I think that is everything. Thanks secret pal for the gifts!!

Carly

• claudia_1078
    18 years ago

I have received my August box yesterday. Thanks so much SP. I was so exited that I answered instantly - only today while checking in, couldn't find my post (I guess cyber space ate it!!)
    I received a beautiful white vlies for spinning. That's when I obviously lost my head, while writing a response at the computer!!! I cannot wait to get my next project going. Then I received an old grater (I think it is a soap grater) a little antique bottle with box, lots and lots of poppy seeds in a little basket and a book with the most delicious recipes, hubby looked throug it and I just heard hmmmm... I guess we will be baking soon!! A noteblock for the fridge (with cat!), a green tea towel and a special pen made from a tree branch - SP do you make these?
    SP thanks so much for sending me this special box. I hope your friend will soon have better times on the farm.
    I hope you all enjoyed summer as much as I did. Fall is in the air - &*^%!!
    Talk to you soon Claudia

• mgood4u
    Original Author
    18 years ago

LOL- Claudia -Fall is my favorite time of year!!!!! Yippee for Fall!

Just checking in to say Hello, I am still here! :)

Dawn

• Araillia
    18 years ago

I love Fall too, but here in N Texas it feels like Summer will never end. It was 104 miserable degrees here yesterday. Waaaa...I wanna go outside and play in the dirt!

Ara

• jcpyburn
    18 years ago

Ara,

I am right there with ya girl!! I am in snyder right in between lubbock and abilene and I haven't been able to go outside except to water!! I am ready for a break!! But if past experience holds true at least in west texas we won't get a break until the end of september at which point it will only be 80's or 90's! LOL!

Carly

• barb_ny5
    18 years ago

Well, I guess I shouldn't complain about 45 degrees this morning, but it was a little cooler than I want this time of year. Fortunately, the day time temps warm up to mid 70s and the forcast is for warmer weather the end of the week. I'm still waiting for the bulk of my tomatoes to ripen. A GW friend who lives close by gave me plants from heirloom seeds from Russia, Siberian and the Ukraine with the thought that we may even get to see a tomato ripen before a frost hits. The black cherry tomatoes taste real good.
    It sounds like everyone has been getting some lovely gifts. Take care all. Barb

• luvs2garden8686
    18 years ago

well I got my box from my secret pal today and man did I enjoy it! I got a package of english bath cubes that dissolve in your bath water and they smell soooooo good (I know what I'm using in my bath tonight!!),2 oriental lily 'rubrum' bulbs...gonna try and plant them today! and I also got some venus fly trap seeds! I hope I didn't forget anything. thank you soooooooo much secret pal! I enjoyed my gifts soooo much! it sounds like everybody's been getting some fantastic gifts! the weather here has been very hot but nothing compared to what texas weather seems like! there's been a nice little breeze blowing every now and then so I think I'll get out there and enjoy it a little bit later :-) hope everybody has a nice day!

• indyflower
    18 years ago

Hi Guys & Gals,
    Just checking in! I haven't been in the garden very much, really busy at work! I got a promotion and it required me to move to a different department. The move went pretty smooth, put the wait for the systems folks to reinstall all my programs and install all the new programs is going to take about 2 weeks and the line of new employees continues to grow! My job is part of the BRAC base closures. I'm still hoping our location remain open! The thought of moving to a new state is not something I want to think about at this time!
    Wow, what a great list of gifts! Keep of the great work, this is a fun robin! I'm going to clean up my vegetable garden again this weekend. I lost most of my tomato plants while away on a business trip! I have a few green peppers and some zucchini. I have some potted plants I need to put in their permanent home before first frost to give the roots a good start. That's about it for now.
    Happy Gardening <: harriette>

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

Good morning everyone. I got my box yesterday!!

Secret pal, you picked out some really nice things. I got a beautiful hummingbird planter decoration. (I'm not sure what it's called but I put it in one of my pretty houseplant pots). Then I got something I really needed, citronella candles. It's a set of about 8 pretty colored flower shaped candles. A bottle of vanilla scented body wash, a bunch of packets of seeds and a container of Schultz plant food. Secret pal, that plant food was a great idea! I would have never thought of getting that for my secret pal but will keep this in mind for the future. Thank you for being so thoughtful with your gifts :-) I love them.

I'm off to fertilize my roses and play in the garden. Everyone have a great weekend.

Maureen

• wishnforspring
    18 years ago

I received my GREAT box a few days ago. My pal is the best. She sent me the cutest,most adorable garden gnome,a pair of gloves with lavender dots,great smelling soap, a Daylily (my new obsession!) 2 rose of Sharon plants,and a plant decoration with "Welcome" on it.That Gnome makes my day when I look at him- he is sitting on my footstool at the moment.Oh also received a fern-Autumn. Hope I remembered everything!! It is always worth the wait for my box to come~ ~ you are the BEST SP!

• indyflower
    18 years ago

jcpyburn - Carly, LUCKY YOU! I noticed you got a box of saltwater taffy....I haven't been able to find any in years! I'm wondering where your SP found it? Dawn, do you think you can found out for me? Or, if anyone else knows where to find some good saltwater taffy let me know!
    It's almost September and Fall is just around the corner! I'm also enjoying the cooler mornings and evenings, I'm enjoying the gardening without burning. Yeah..... Fall!!
    Hortiholics, we've had a really great month, let's continue to enjoy our Robin Round!
    You guys are the BEST!

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

HI Harriette. I should be able to get you a box of salt water taffy. A friend of mine lives in NJ (My boss) and it's easily gotten there.

I'll be speaking to him soon.

• Paula_z5_IL
    18 years ago

I have the best secret pal! I have been feeling so blue this whole month!
    (I think it is probably this oppressive heat and humidity that just won't end!)
    Today is my Birthday and yesterday I got a really cool package from my secret pal!
    She sent the nicest birthday card with a a really cute cowboy teddy bear card holder, some nutella (my most favorite!) a very, very cute kitten computer mouse pad with two kittens that look just like my two kitties!, (and some newspapers for my puppy's accidents :) LOL!
    Also a very neat homemade gel air freshener jar thingy with the most wonderful scent! (I just love that smell)
    and.. Oh Wow! 6 Louisiana Black Iris's! Where did you find those? I can't wait to plant them! Do I plant them now?
    Thank you sooooo much Secret Pal! I just love everything! You really made my Birthday special with your thoughtfulness! :)

Well guys, it is the end of August and the start of my most favorite time of year! Autumn! "Oooh how I looove the kids back in school, the leaves changing and falling, the squirrels comically collecting and hiding nuts, the cool, crisp, open window temperatures that give us the much needed break on the energy bills, the apple, pumpkin and leaf collecting, Harvesting, Halloween and Thanksgiving time of year!
    Oh How I love Fall!" :)

• Paula_z5_IL
    18 years ago

P.S. I just did a search on the Iris's
    my Secret Pal sent me and this is what
    they will look like when they bloom! :)
    Whoo Hoo! I can't wait! Thanks again SP! :)

{{gwi:1298270}}

• indyflower
    18 years ago

Irish_Rose_Grower - Maureen, Oh..... you are so sweet! Thank you for finding the Saltwater Taffy for me! Yeah....Hugs n Smooches to you!!

Paula - That's a Lovely Iris you got from your SP!! I got my first Iris this year at a Plant Swap! I got a few but, none are as pretty as yours! Happy Birthday to you! Thanks for the great pix!

Fall is the time to start thinking about "Fall Bulbs"...yeah! I Love the "SPRING" season the best! I enjoy planting bulbs and waiting thru Winter for Spring to bring the beauty hiding in the ground! I just love it! Are there any other Fall Bulb lovers out there? Of course there is....Who doesn't love Daffodils & Tulips?

Everyone - It's time to get our boxes ready for September!

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday Paula. Wishing you a great year!

p.s. That Iris is so so so beautiful. Lucky you!

Harriette, your welcome for the salt water taffy. I'll let you know when I have it. And YES!! I love bulbs. I love dafs & tulips. I'm just getting discouraged with the tulips because they don't all come back.

• Araillia
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday Paula!

• uptreasa
    18 years ago

Happy belated Birthday, Paula. What a gorgeous fall photo!! They're all nice. Thank you!! It's been a nice start to fall here. I hope we enjoy a long fall, and winter doesn't come too early. I will be entering a fall cook off sponsored by a local newsaper. I have to gather my recipes soon, so I can enter this year. It's been a fun tradition and my daughter enters too.
    Treasa

• mgood4u
    Original Author
    18 years ago

HAPPY B-DAY!!!!!

I have been soooo busy lately that I have new blooms in the yard that I didn't even get to notice untill last night! Isn't that terrible!!!

I JUST WANT TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT I GOT 3 OR 4 EMAILS FROM PALS WHO ARE RUNNING BEHIND AND ARE VERY APOLOGETIC---INCLUDING MYSELF!! SORRY PAL! sO, IF i DIDN'T GET TO SEND YOU A PERSONAL EMAIL - I AM POSTING THIS HERE. DON'T FRET YOUR JULY BOXES WILL BE COMING. I JUST HAVE TO FIND A DARN BOX TO MAIL MINE IN. I HAVE HAD IT READY TO GO FOR ABOUT TWO WEEKS!

Love the pic Paula! I love Fall stuff!!!! My son started 1st grade today! Yippee!!!! He was getting so bored. Talk to you all soon! Give it about a week or so I guess to get your August boxes if you haven't yet. Thanks, Dawn

• julus_pahl
    18 years ago

Hey everyone! Long time and no post....sorry too busy starting nursing school. It sounds like everyone is getting great packages. Well I thought I would log on and drop a hint for my partner. I have a small hosta bed on my north side of my house and it is in total shade. They grow like crazy and I noticed it looks a little blah. I think it might be because I only have one type of hosta. Green with white edges. Sooooo....If my person would like to send me some different ones in blue-green and yellowish leaves or anything else that would grow in total shade that would be great! My campus has wi-fi so hopefully when I am really bored in class I can log on here and see what is happening. So everyone getting excited for bulb planting season? I know I am last year I planted 1000+ bulbs. I wonder how many I will get in the ground this year? With school and work I hope to add a few more. I know I am going to add more snow crocus to my lawn. I love seeing them pop through the grass in the spring. Little packets of white yellow and purple. They are the usually the first blooms I get this far north. Well I suppose I should get back to my homework!

• indyflower
    18 years ago

Hey Gang,
    Just checking in to see if we will have a new post for September.

• luvs2garden8686
    18 years ago

has anybody heard from dawn?

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

I received my wonderful box over the holiday weekend. Inside was a scented vareigated geranium "Lady Plymouth", fancy leaf geranium variegated!!!! "Mrs. Pollock", and some baby spider plants, pnce again variegated " Bonnie". Does my pal go to extreme lengths to please or what!!!! I just love everything this gal has sent me every month. She never fails to get me teary eyed. She also included a BEAUTIFUL Thomas Kinkade journal that I will forever cherish,and a floral note pad. Thank you my gardening friend, for always thinking specifically of me. You always touch my heart.
    God Bless

Tina

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

I have plants packaged up and waiting for the mail in the morning. You should receive your box by Thursday or Friday.
    I will be sending out Sept. box between the 15th and 20th.
    Going to try and not drag my tail this month.

Blessings, Tina

• luvs2garden8686
    18 years ago

hi everybody! I just wanted to let ya'll know if you didn't already know, that dawn made a september thread :-)