SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jazmynsmom

We're baaaack!

jazmynsmom
15 years ago

Oh my goodness! What a beautiful country Bulgaria is! I can't believe how much we got to see, how many people we got to meet (and eat with, and drink with)! The food is awesome, and I developed a taste for rakia. The first thing we agreed on when we returned to the US is we want to go back again next year. Our trip was too short, and we want to see more!

I'll share pictures and stories later this week. (We took over 500 pics, so I need to severely cull them before I share any.) I'm still a bit jet-lagged and I have to go to work today, so that should be, um, interesting.

Funny thing happened when we got back. Steve was upstairs doing a bit of grooming in the bathroom, and I heard him swear up a blue streak. I rushed to see if he was OK, and then was lost in uncontrollable laughter: He bumped his elbow while trimming his facial hair and simultaneously knocked the comb guide off his beard trimmer and shaved off half his right eyebrow!

He won't allow pictures because he's not ready to laugh about it yet, but I sure am. He's worried about someone noticing while he's giving one of his talks, but I told him that if someone notices, he should just act surprised at the query and say that it's a well-known custom that when a man steps foot on Bulgarian soil for the first time, they ceremonially shave off half his eyebrow... and then act surprised that they didn't know it because it's such "common knowledge."

Hair grows back and laughter makes life so much the sweeter. My cheeks still hurt from all the laughter and sweetness we've experienced in the last week and a half...

{{gwi:178689}}

Comments (10)

Sponsored
More Discussions