SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pt747

2008 planning help

pt747
16 years ago

We've lived at our current house for 3yrs now. in 2005 and 2006 I took care of the lawn, fertilizing etc. This year I had to hire a fertilizing company as work along with some other issues overwhelmed me and I didnt have as much spare time for yard work.

I understand that we have had a dry summer (I live in Northeast Ohio), but in August my water bill was $175.00, so I did in fact water my yard fairly well.

29 days ago, they aerated and overseeded. I can honestly say that when I did the maintenance and fertilizing, the lawn looked 50% better than it does today. Not happy!

So, I have decided that come spring, no matter what, I am going back to applying the fertilizers. I dont want to use Scotts program. I was wondering if any of you could offer some advice on some other schedule with other products (such as Milorganite, etc.)? And...if and when I should apply grub control, pest control, lawn fungus control products. My yard contains a mixture of KBG, Rye and small amount of Fescue. Thanks much!!

Comment (1)