SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jazmynsmom

Lost and found

jazmynsmom
13 years ago

While we were property hunting in a nearby county the other day, I accidentally left my purse hanging from the back of a bar stool in the Main Street bar/grill of a small town when we stopped for lunch. I didn't figure it out until the next day, but relaxed immediately when I realized where I'd left it because I expected I'd be able to get it back (even though I couldn't remember the name of the town OR the bar). Sure enough, they opened my checkbook and called the number on my checkblanks. I made the 1.5 hour drive and when I walked in, the 5:00 infrequently-shaving and slightly unwashed beer crowd greeted me in unison with a friendly "You must be the purse lady!"

I thanked them profusely, took out the (untouched) cash from my wallet, tried to give it to the bartender as a thank you, but was refused. (I was suddenly glad we'd tipped well the day before.)

One of the patrons shared my relief that I'd been able to get it back and asked me if I was surprised. I was sort of baffled, because it hadn't even occur to me that it wouldn't turn out that way. I've found my fair share of purses, wallets and fancy phones and have always acted pretty much the same as the people in the bar, and have lost my purse/wallet probably six times in my life, but only had it stolen once.

If you were to lose your purse or wallet, and you were pretty sure you knew where you'd left it, would you expect to see it again? Or would it be a total shock to you if you did?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
More Discussions