SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sleeplessinftwayne

I'd have to clean it!

17 years ago

I don't know how I got there but I just saw an article about a tour of landscapes done by Tom Manion. They were very impressive. Most were done in the DC burbs for people with beaucoup resources most of us can only dream of. Foxhall Road is a trip to another universe. My thoughts here are mostly about the houses. Gardeners like us would have no problem with the gardens but why in the world do people need houses that are that big!!

I see huge developments of huge houses occupied by people who don't even see some of the rooms on a weekly basis. I know many are occupied by only one or two people who seem lost in them. Many, no, most require outside help. The real estate turnover is huge too.

I am a space junky but that is space that I need to work in. I have often said I need to live in a barn. I grew up in a three story house with a basement (that was in constant use) and a 2 story garage. It took everyone in the family to keep it going and it could be a real job. That house is small compared to some of these behemouths.

How about your opinions on housing? Sandy

Comments (17)