SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilod_gw

Journal 9 July 2007

lilod
16 years ago

It is hot (90º), not unusual, but it's also a bit humid, and that is unusual.

The spring recovered, that is very good; I shall have enough water for quite a while. The pond has not receeded as much as we anticipated, and it indicates the level of available ground-water.

The Bullfrogs make a lot of noise, they are predators and not native to California, so actually they are not a good thing, they eat the native frogs, and likely eat many of the bass young. Nothing much eats them, but to catch them is another story.

I went to town to get the mail and some things at the Good Food Store, it is only three miles from my driveway, but it was a truly stressful trip.

A bit further North CalTrans is doing work, so the Southbound traffic is all bunched up and most travelers are unhappy because of the delay and it shows in their road-manners. They always appear resentful that the local yokels want to enter and exit the Highway.

Lots of vacationers and eighteen-wheelers in a hurry.

There were street people wandering around everywhere, some were parked by the Food-Store in an old, beat-up motor home, planning on camping right there, selling hand-made jewelry.

Finally I made it to my turn-off, slowed down and the vehicle behind me swung out and passed (over the double yellow), where is the Highway Patrol when needed? Probably writing someone else a ticket somewhere for the exact same offense.

And to top it all off: I forgot to get chocolate! Green&Black 70% dark is my favorite, but considering the traffic and all that, not worth going back to town for.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions