SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meldy_nva

Credit Report (shrieking)

meldy_nva
13 years ago

DH answers the phone at our house. I've told (and told and said and explained and repeated ad nauseum) to NEVER give any caller private information such as credit card numbers, bank numbers etc; if someone wants a donation they should mail us information about their organization and we will or will not make a donation. He understands and agrees. So...

This morning, he's on the phone as I walk by. Hanging up, he says, "That was our bank. They are going send an up-dot-date credit report." Me: "Why? and how much are they charging?" DH: "Only $12.99" I look at him. He says: "I didn't give any numbers, they already had our account number."

Sigh. DH has his credit card (paid in full each month) and I have mine, also paid in full monthly. We owe no money and we are not likely to owe money in the foreseeable future. Our finances have been in this state for the past thirty years. In this age of easy identity theft, I do check our accounts regularly for unauthorized access.

So why did DH think there was any need for credit rating review? Well, after he considered it, he didn't think so... the bank did a great hard-sell and he finally agreed.

I'm furious at this bank. And if they call you... please don't agree to their hard-sell!!!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions