SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
garysgarden

Best commercial Organic Nutrient for Gardening

garysgarden
15 years ago

Now just to be clear, I'm not expecting a universal "this is clearly the best organic nutrient to use in your garden" kind of answer, I just want to find out what suggestions everyone might have.

I know a lot of organic gardeners buy and use really basic stuff like bone meal and fish emulsion and so on, but I'd rather not strain the brain trying to keep everything properly balanced. I have my hydroponics for the science geek side of me, I want the garden to be more relaxing. I just want a nice turn-key organic nutrient I can feed to my vegetable garden without a lot of mucking about or math.

Also, I've got this cranky soccer mom type that lives behind me who's constantly harping on me about how this or that is going to affect the demonic imps she calls children. I was spraying vinegar on some grass that was growing along our chain-link fence since it can't easily be mowed and she came out and lectured me about how those "chemicals" could stunt her spawn or something. I politely informed her that these "chemicals" were common household vinegar and if they did anything at all, it would be to make the grass somewhat more flavorful should her children decide to stop eating sand and start eating grass.

She doesn't like me. But to make a long story short, I'd rather avoid future conversations like that, so the less reason she has to stick her surgically-enhanced nose into my gardening, the better. Fish emulsion and the like will almost certainly get her sniffing around my business.

Anyway, I'm open to whatever suggestions you can come up with that would fit my bill. I'm just looking for a simple pre-mix organic nutrient that will work in a general vegetable garden application. I've got some ideas of my own, but I don't know everything (thankfully, my head would hurt if I did) so I want to hear any suggestions you might have.

Thanks,

Gary

Comments (24)