SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
savtaj

systemic fungicide - last chance

16 years ago

Hello, all!

I wasn't sure if I should have reactivated Kevin's post of 26th April, or started a new one.

Anyway, this is my poor catt's last chance to revive before it gets "Kev'd".

{{gwi:164846}}

Note the dried, black pbulb at the back of the photo and the new green shoot to the left.

This catt has been languishing ever since I got it. My last treatment failed, as it dropped another leaf before I could give it its last dose of Mancozeb.

I wanted to toss it immediately but DH, surprisingly, told me to hang on to it until it croaks. (This is a reversal of roles - he is usually much more practical than me! I am stubborn and obstinate as a rule.)

So, my last resort is a systematic fungicide, which is absorbed by the whole plant through the leaves. The active ingredient is tebuconazole. Rather toxic, but I need strong stuff now. Will have to repeat the treatment after 14 days. Does anyone know how many treatments I need to do?

I know in my heart that I should have sent the plant to orchid heaven a long time ago. Is there anyone else out there who would battle on, regardless?

I would welcome any comments or suggestions which would help me come to a final decision about this orchid.

Judy

Comments (13)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm