SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shadowgarden

Working together or What kind of fool am I?

shadowgarden
16 years ago

Yesterday I convinced my husband to go with me down to the land where we are building our new house. I wanted to start my landscaping plan and it is very hard to measure things with only one person. The land already has some little ponds at the bottom of a vertical rock face. I want to make a waterfall cascade down over the rocks into the pond below. Measurments would be helpful I thought. We were measuring distances by marking them on a roll of surveyors tape I had. At one point I wanted to measure the width of the pond (about 15 to 20 feet I would guess). I asked DH to go opposite me and I would throw the end of the tape accross so we could mark it. "You will never be able to throw that tape that far," my DH said in his normal negative manner. "Oh that is no problem at all," I replied. I calmly tied the end of the tape around a small rock and prepared to toss it across. "I need you down there," I said pointing. "I'm not going down there until after you throw the rock," DH retorted, "What kind of fool do you take me for?(!)" Well it was tempting. Several different replies came immediately to mind. But I reflected that he had come down to help me with my project so I kindly repied that I just thought he was an ordinary old garden variety fool. He was very grateful for my restraint, I think.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz
More Discussions