SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hibiscuslover

beware of cheap orchids

hibiscuslover
17 years ago

I found this web page and they were selling Paph. orchids real cheap, I'm talking $10.00 and $12.50 and $15.00. So I order six plants with the promise of free shipping with the purchase of five or more.

ZOOM, two days later they arrive and I unwrap them and the @*$(%) plants are covered with mealy bugs. These bugs were monster size, like the ones you see in books and say...there's no way a bug can be that big. Order from this place and find out for yourself.

And what self-respecting plant seller uses a damn marker that washes off the first time you water them? HUH?

AND

you would think this idiot would at least scrape the algae off the pots and sticks before dumping them on the customers.

Lucky thing I always isolate new plants and, especially if the seller is a crook, change the soil and drench with soap and achohol(sp?)spray.

Last time I buy a $10.00 Paph. from an online crook. I feel like I just got money stolen from my wallet.

I think this is the time of year when greenhouses are dumping their bug-infested and diseased plants to clean out their inventories of dying, slow movers and plants they don't feel like putting in new pots with fresh soil and a brand new shiny label with permanent marker.

Any body else have horror stories they would like to share?

And today was turning out to be such a nice day!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH