SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moosetrackz

Orchid noob needs advice on my new orchid

Moosetrackz
11 years ago

Hi everyone.

I've never been good at growing orchids. The first 3 house plants I got when I moved out were orchid that promptly died soon after I got them. Its all me I know. Most likely I killed them with over watering. Anyway that was more than a year ago and I've learned a lot and have a thriving garden but never really tried orchids again until recently. I have 2 phal orchids that are doing fine but have never rebloomed. Both grew new leaves though.

Anyway, so my real question is about a new orchid I got at a farmers market. Its huge and beautiful, for $7 I thought I'd give it a try even though I have no idea what kind of orchid it is or how to care for it.

I live in southern California and its been in the 75-80+ for temp, usually 75 or more inside. Its in a west facing window that receives bright light this time of year most of the day with a little direct sun from about 3 to 6 or 7. Its in a plastic is orchid pot I have not watered it yet. Got it about 3 days ago.

I would just like to know what kind of orchid it is and what kind of care it needs. Any advice would be very helpful. Thanks!

{{gwi:174484}}

{{gwi:174486}}

{{gwi:174488}}

Comments (3)