SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

I caught the thief

gandle
10 years ago

The cat just about lives outside since the weather has moderated. She insists on eating outside and I know better than feed her dry food, the grackels get most of it so I feed her dry food late in the evening when the grackels aren't active. This worked well with feeding her the canned food in the morning when she wants food. A couple of days ago I noticed that she was eating all her canned food much earlier than usual and when I would go outside she would beg for more food. I was sitting on a bench beside rhe shop door enjoying the sun and the relatively calm wind. I could ser dish about 20 feet away on the patio and the thief came and stole quite a bit of food. It was a robin. Thinking about it, robins eat meat, any worm they can find. and this one thinks canned cat food must look like a real delicatessen.

We feed the birds, sunflower seeds, mixed seed, suet cakes and nyger thistle seed but didn't realize I was feeding a robin. It went to the bird bath and took such a vigorous bathe that I had to fill it again. Not sure how I feel about feeding robins or rather a robin.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions