SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tisha_

I hit the Milk Glass & Noritake mother-load!

tisha_
13 years ago

Well, today, I hit the mother-load, big time!

I ended up with 30 pieces of milk glass and it was all half off!!!

I also got an entire set of Noritake dishes, that I have no idea what I'm going to do with, for $15! Apparently thrift stores have some good Memorial Day sales. Who knew?!?

Anyway, just had to share some photos of my haul!

This is my original haul of the day. 7 pieces, not too shabby. (Those ones leaning on the back wall are the dirty ones I'm trying to clean, the the day before yesterday)

{{gwi:161306}}

I thought the pitcher would be good to have just ice water or lemonade or something in, for the wedding.

{{gwi:161307}}

These two are my favorites of these 7 pieces:

{{gwi:161308}}

At the same thrift store (Salvation Army) I also saw a whole huge set (I think at least 5 place settings!) of some really pretty Noritake dishes. But they were marked $29 and I didn't want to spend that, so I didn't even take them out to look out. But then I got to the register and the girl said that everything with a white tag was half off. Then a lightbulb went off, and I realized that the Noritake had a white tag!!! So, I asked, and sure enough, it was half off. So I got all of it for $15. I just looked it up on Replacements.com and a 5 piece place setting of this pattern is $39 on there. So I've probaly got at least $160 of dishes for $15. I'm so excited!

{{gwi:161309}}

{{gwi:161310}}

Then I went ahead and went to another thrift store, and seriously hit the mother-load. This is my basket (I took a photo in the middle of the thrift store... an old lady looked at my like I was insane... which I might be! lol)

{{gwi:161311}}

I think the poor cashier might have had a stroke when she saw what was in my basket. She had to call in reinforcements, to help wrap everything in newspaper. LOL

So, now I have a crap ton of milk glass. My plan is to sell the pieces I have several of, or don't like, after the wedding. I've already called Keith and told him he better start on a display case soon though, because I'm probably going to end up keeping a lot of it. LOL

I also now have 3 different china patterns and have registered for some Fiestaware. I told him we can use the Noritake until we (if we) get our Fiestaware and then he'll have to have that display case finished, so I can take the rest of the milk glass out of my china cabinet, and put the new stuff in there. He might be better off to just go ahead and start building an addition. LMAO

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions