SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
endorphinjunkie

Monday's Musin'

endorphinjunkie
12 years ago

Summer is just about here. I'm off from work this week so there's not much pressing to do. Wanted to eat at a little out of the way restaurant so I made the short trip across Wheeler Dam. This bistro is out in the middle of a cotton field on the edge of a swamp. Got out of the car and heard a racket that hasn't been heard around here for 13 years. The cicadas are back. This species slumbers for 13 years then breaks the dormant cycle and decides to mate. And are they ever noisy. Just one of those serendipitous surprises that are a pleasure to behold.

Been exercising a lot, as much as 2 hours a day. I'll warm up with a sprint triathlon in three weeks. Then in July it will be an Olympic distance tri in Nashville. Will end the tri season with a half iron man distance this September in Nashville, also. This last one is also referred to as a 70.3. That is 70.3 miles of swimming, biking, and running.

All this exercise keeps me busy and produces many, many endorphins. It definitely produces a good mood; an even mood. Rarely do I take anything for hypertension. That's good, but the one side affect that is a bit negative is that it does sedate my muse. Must do something about that.

Went to Huntsville yesterday to work some adult soccer games. As I got there the tornado siren goes off. We didn't need that; we are very gun shy about that now. Tomorrow there the potential for bad weather. The worse will probably be west of here.

Saw my brother and his family on the way home afterwards. They were home so I can safely say that the predicted Rapture most definitely did not happen. *Don't really need to be cheeky about that but I'm gonna anyway* The drive to and from Huntsville is disheartening. There is still evidence of storm damage on the drive, especially just east of Athens. The clean up still continues and will for months.

We don't need anymore storms this year. Really.

Methinks I will go kayaking.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
More Discussions