SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
akela615

Toro SR

16 years ago

Hi

I have a Toro SR with the GTS 5 B&S 6 HP engine that IÂve had for a few years now and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I got my mower in 2001 and it ran fine for the first summer I had it about 20 uses. After sitting for a few months over winter I got it ready for the summer by putting in a new air filter, spark plug and changed the oil. I started mowing and the engine started to stall for no apparent reason. I could keep it running by pumping the primer bulb and after a few pumps it would run ok. This went on for a few weeks until I got tired of it and took it to the dealer. The dealer told me I was putting dirty gas in the mower and there was nothing wrong with the mower. I got a new gas can and filled it with new gas and the mower worked fine for a few weeks and started doing the same thing. I took it to the dealer again and was told the same thing; dirty gas. I told him it was not dirty gas and took a look at it myself. After fooling around with the carburetor with no luck I bought a new carburetor and installed it, the mower ran fine for another year. Then the same thing started happening engine stalls I pump the primer bulb a couple of times and it runs for a while then stalls. I replaced the carburetor again and it ran for another year with no problem. Now itÂs stalling aging and IÂm getting tired of replacing the carburetor every year. Has anyone else had this problem and found a permanent solution?

Thanks

Dan

Comments (6)