SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ewe105

Insect Damage - Brussels and Eggplant

ewe105
11 years ago

Hello, this is my first post so please forgive any protocol violations.

I have some significant insect damage on my brussels sprouts. I cannot identify the culprit. I have checked at night for slugs without finding any. I regularly check the leaves - undersides included - and I can see no insects. The only thing I have found on the underside of the leaves are very small (pinhead-ish) white things that do not seem to be alive, but might be a larvae of some type? I do not have a picture of them, unfortunately. Whatever is eating them has damaged some leaves with holes, but has also completely devoured some of the new leaves up to the stem. I have included a link to a picture.

Additionally, I have some holes in the leaves of my eggplants. Again, I haven't been able to see any insects when I check, nor slugs at night. I have included a link to a picture of this as well.

I just placed on order on Amazon for a batch of ladybugs, which was the only solution I could think of. I would like to remain organic and not use pesticides (please forgive the dyed mulch in the photo - I didn't realize the un-organic nature of it and will be removing it soon). Can anyone help identify what is causing this and suggest treatment?

Thank you very much.

Here is a link that might be useful: Insect Damage Photos

Comment (1)