SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crazyaussie

HELP! My new mower was caught in a freshwater flood.

crazyaussie
16 years ago

Hi to everyone. Last week Melbourne in Australia experienced a storm like no other I can recall in all my living memory. Cutting a long story short, my new 4 stroke mower (Honda) was covered with water when my garage flooded-out courtesy of a blocked local government drain.

As soon as the storm had passed and the freshwater flood had died away I managed to get my car out of the garage (...that's a whole other story!!!) and then move the mower as well.

I did what I thought was right. I dumped the fuel and oil into a recycling can, I dried out the air filter and the mower as much as possible. I popped the spark plug out and cranked the engine to push out any impurities. Then I sprayed some WD40 into the plughole and on the plug tip before replacing it and then filling up with all new fluids.

Problem: Just a tiny spark happening at the plug tip...sometimes no spark at all. Net result...the damned thing won't start. I can claim the mower on insurance but it's a pity to throw her away. The mower's only two months old.

Any suggestions??? (...thanks in anticipation...)

Comments (16)