SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
booksat

Neuton Electric Mower

booksat
17 years ago

About this time last year I was searching for a new mower and was interested in an electric, but could not find much information here or elsewhere. For those in the same position, I thought it might be useful to give feedback on the mower we bought. We're in the Northeast and have about 2/5 of an acre, mixed terrain, with one nasty slope.

Although my wife was deeply skeptical I ordered a Neuton electric mower, and told her not to worry because they had a half a year return policy. We've been extremely pleased. Easy electric start, low noise, light enough to use on a heavy slope, cuts tough grass, the battery is easy to take out and charge, I love not having to deal with gas and oil, etc. We have not problem cutting .4 acres with one charge, and we often let the grass grow fairly long. With a battery, the harder it has to work, the shorter the charge will last.

It's more expensive than comparable gas mowers. If you wait for one of their deals or get a refurbished model you can get it for under $350. In the long run, you'll get the difference back from lower operating costs. They say a full charge runs only about 15 cents, much better than gas and oil. The machine does not need yearly tuneups and I'm guessing will not be in the shop for engine work like my neighbors.

If everyone in my neighborhood bought one, we'd have quiter weekends.

Comments (9)