SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1saxman

Weird Discovery in Grass Bag

1saxman
13 years ago

I cleaned up my mowers Sunday and completed the Fall maintenance, including washing the mowers and bags. I use 'Roll-Off' on the mowers and bags and it does a great job. Then I put the bag on and run each one for about 15 minutes which dries the mower and bag. Upon feeling the bag on the LB 22271 to see if it was dry enough to put away, I felt some kind of soft mass in it. Saying 'WTH?', I took the bag off to see nothing inside, which I already knew was the case. Feeling again, it was there, but moved to different places depending on how the bag was held. Then I realized that the bag has a double layer of mesh on the left side only, presumably because that side gets the force of any expelled objects. The material between the two layers was dust and chaff that had accumulated. Of course, now it was wet, so it wasn't coming out. I had to wait days for it to dry out so I could beat/blow it out of there.

I had never seen anything like that before, but now I know to get rid of it before washing the bag!

Comments (15)