SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janis_g

Things are beginning to settle down

Janis_G
16 years ago

I still haven't moved downstairs to my bedroom and bathroom

but I kind of enjoy living up here in the loft apartment.

It is spacious and I don't have to make the bed if I don't

want to. I have everything I need, a bed, bathroom, living room and even a small area to make coffee or toast, a tv and computer. It's heated and air conditioned so it is pretty comfortable. It is also quiet.

The master bath is almost finished, well, the wallpaper is going to have to wait for awhile. I was totally blown away by the cost of the paper and the amount of paper it was going to take. I decided not to do it right now.

If I could find my camera, it has gone missing since the move, I would take pictures and post them. We made a shower out of the sauna and it is BIG. There is now a regular tub

where the big whirlpool tub used to be. A privacy wall is between the tub and vanity area. The vanity has been revamped to allow for a place to sit and also a storage

cabinet on the wall next to the entry door. There is going to be storage across from the tub and also across from the

potty. The potty is private now thanks to the addition of a

pocket door. The mirrors are all gone except there will be

a mirror over the vanity.Lots of recessed lighting brightens the place up.

I have Azaleas getting ready to bloom, hostas are sprouting

in a few places and I have hummingbirds. I'm even getting a bit excited about planting some pots after the last freeze

has come and gone.

I even got the tax stuff to the accountant with Katrina's help. She is so organized that by the time next year rolls

around, taxes will no longer be the big bad giant looming over my shoulder.

To my surprise, I haven't grieved over leaving the lake house like I thought I would. Shoot, I'm so close to everything here, I have a garden of sorts, birds, and I even have a rabbit in my yard. It's a lovely neighborhood

with friendly neighbors.

Just this morning I went to my little market and picked up a gallon of milk and some toothpaste. It's so close I can do

that now instead of having to make a list and spend the day

buying groceries.

It's really nice to be able to finally begin to relax a little. Sassi and I sat on the screened porch today for awhile. Everything is blooming and so pretty except for the pollen, the rain tonight will wash that away.

Yes, things are beginning to settle down, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and I can finally breathe again.

I'm going to get off the Merry Go Round for now and let someone else ride. :0)

Comments (11)

Sponsored
More Discussions