SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cbarry_gw

Setting up orchid aquarium, need small fan

cbarry
17 years ago

I gave in and realize that my drac, 4 masdies, Chiloschista lunifera, and Lepanthes zamorensis will all be much happier in a higher humidity environment that my 30-40% humidity room can provide. The leaves and plants are fine, but the 1 masdie that tried to bloom, blasted. Well, I knew that they wanted more humidity, but I'm stupid and stubborn at times, so I've decided to give them an honest chance before I kick them out the door. After all, it's not their fault that they ended up in my care.

So I bought a 5 gal aquarium. I need to get some kind of grating for the bottom so that I can keep a water resevoir there. I'll get some glass cut for the top, and I plan to keep them under my regular CFL lights (not an aquarium hood with lights). So I need a little fan that I can plug in. I don't want to have to do any special wiring - I want 'plug and play'. If I absolutely must, I am handy enough to wire a fan to an electric plug, but somehow I don't think it's that easy.

So, please, Radio Shack or Staples for a computer fan? Does HD have tiny fans? I need your collective advice.

The plants all thank you (me too!)

Carolyn

Comments (17)