SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ronalvio

feedback needed on indoor grow light set up

ronalvio
10 years ago

Hi everyone

Im going to try something new this year. I have purchased a 400w growlight and stand, and some reflective material to place my little plumerias on. I have a few cuttings about 15-18 inches, and some other smaller rooted plants. I am going to purchase a heat mat about 48x20 inches to place them on as well as a little fan to keep the air from stagnating. They will be in my garage. I plan on giving them about 10 hrs light and then let them sleep at night.( probably will invest in a timer in case I forget to turn off the lamp in the evening)

Do I need anything else? I am using an HPS bulb not MH. I heard with HPS, you can promote growth and blooms, whereas MH is only for growth not not really for blooms.

Do I need any CO2 in addition to my basic set up? Any other ideas? I live in Palo Alto, and its not too cold yet, and our winters are generally mild with some really cold days here and there.

My larger plums I will let sleep during the winter... I do not want to lose my little ones, especailly my cuttings that have yet to root. I also have a few seeds that I would like to try and germinate.

Any feeback would be great! thanks Arvind

Comments (9)