SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldherb

Hey from Portland! (long)

oldherb
17 years ago

Morning all! Yeah, I'm still alive. I'm looking out over my garden and thinking about you all...I've taken a turn from full on gardening and am now back into songwriting with hopes of getting something published someday. Oh yeah...and I'm finally going back to work (temporarily). My back is a bit better but I have to be GOOD or it lets me know about it.

This past year has been a tough one but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I have been sitting and spending a lot of time studying the Bible and praying...a very rich time with my Savior that I wouldn't trade for the world. I suppose that says it all as to why I've changed courses.

I am doing a bit of teaching still and have seed flats all over the house (no I didn't say I stopped gardening completely...I'm not crazy! lol). My gardening has just gotten a lot more relaxed and I am really enjoying it.

I am a community association board member now and am sowing into my community with projects on Wildfire Risk Management for Powell Butte here in Portland and a garden project at a nearby Montessori school. It's really great all the opportunities there are right now to help pull folks together here.

My youngest GDD turned 7 last January and the twins turn 9 in May. There dad is dating an old classmate and sees them every day as his work is a block from their house. It's an interesting situation and great he can be so involved. They are wonderful girls. The 7 year old is my naturalist and sure to be a gardener when she grows up. One is a singer and the other is more of a tom-boy/horsewoman like her mother.

Ben is working for himself now for the time being and the remodeling on our home still waits for completion. Annie the Doodle Dog turned 12 this year and is starting to show the signs of old age though still a puppy at heart.

I miss spending time here at GP but since priorities have changed will continue to check in from time to time. I'm glad to see so many of you are still holding down the fort...it still feels like home for that.

By the way...has anyone heard from Katie since she fled south? I spoke with her some time ago on the phone and have heard nothing since. If anyone has an address I would really appreciate it if you would forward it to me as I'd like to surprise her with a letter and pics.

I'll be sure to check in from time to time and y'all be sure to do the same...especially if you come to Portland.

Patty

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths
More Discussions