SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ljezuit

Organic Granular All-Purpose Fertilizer

ljezuit
12 years ago

While I have been gardening for quite some time it has only been the past couple years that I have been curious to growing my garden and landscaping in more of an organic way. While I have never used or been a fan of soluble water based fertilizer, I have added a granular 10-10-10 to some of my plantings (Mostly Vegetables such as tomatoes, peppers, corn, etc). Last year was the firs year I was able to produce enough worm castings from 3 bins to reduce the amount of fertilizer I would add (Applied only twice at � rate listed on the packaging). This year I was able to plant everything with a good dose of worm castings as well as work some in around the soil of the plants. With three bins going well I think I will have plenty as the season moves along. I live outside of Chicago with what I believe is good soil. Each fall I put all the leaves in as well as some kitchen vegetable scraps to overwinter. This year I will mulch with hay during the growing season for the first time.

My question is while I have not had a soil test done (Which I know I should) what are everyone�s thoughts on Jobe's Organics Granular All-Purpose Fertilizer? It is listed as Organic by OMRI with restrictions. The restrictions note 90 and 120 days prior to harvest/eating. If I use the fertilizer inside of 90 days on say tomatoes does this just mean it loses what could be "organic" status or does this mean it could be harmful?

Comments (11)