SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
norar_il

Goin' rock hunting

norar_il
15 years ago

I've been watching those "Cash and Treasures" shows for years, always on the lookout for places to find gemstones. Heck, who cares if they're even gems -- I want to find pretty rocks. I thought it would make such a perfect girls only trip, but all my "girls" have wimped out on me. I think their excuses are feeble -- baby due in June, live on the other side of the country, need to work -- that sort of weak stuff, so DH and I are heading out next month to North Carolina and northern Georgia to hit some of the spots mentioned on the TV shows. We can't leave the critters here for more than a few days, so it will be a quick trip.

When the grandsons are a couple of years older, I plan to take them to the diamond mine in Arkansas -- that's on the way to taking them home to Texas after they visit us in Illinois. At 5 and 6 I'm not too sure how thrilled they would be to do that now.

Rubies, sapphires, aquamarines, emeralds and just plain pretty rocks, here I come. Have any of you done something like this? Any suggestions? I'd prefer not to kill myself in the name of rock hunting.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
More Discussions