SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pulldownclaw_gw

Did I ruin my soil?

pulldownclaw
16 years ago

Hi,

I'm sure I'm going to get flamed for this one, as I know that I should've thought about what I was doing....

We recently had a shed built that I stained with a roller. Well, I didn't realize how much of the stain was coming off of the roller while I was doing it, and the grass underneath where I was rolling was colored the color of the stain when I was done. Not completely soaked, just lightly misted from the stain coming off of the roller a little bit at a time. I kicked myself for not laying down some plastic, because I had planned on building some raised beds along the edges of my shed to plant some flowers and veggies.

My question is: can I remove the grass and a few inches of soil beneath, lay down new soil and compost in the raised bed area (probably only going to do a 6-10" bed), till this all in and feel fairly safe for my veggies? Or is this just not worth the danger? The problem is that this a is prime sun area and is perfect for some new beds. I know, should've thought of that before I started staining....

Comments (5)