SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quinnfyre

a few show photos, and what came home with me

quinnfyre
15 years ago

I went to the Philadelphia Flower Show earlier this week. It seems I've made it a tradition; this is my third year in a row I've gone. This year, I decided to bring along my camera. I saw a lot of nice orchids (among a lot of other fun things; one of my other favs were succulents...) I didn't take a lot of photos, because I wanted to take it in rather than try to record it, but I thought I'd share the orchids I did photograph.

This very lovely Aerangis citrata. I wanted a photo of what to aspire to with my own : )

{{gwi:146756}}

{{gwi:146758}}

Blooms on a very large Den. kingianum. I should've just taken a pic of the whole plant anyway, but trying to get all of it in a photo and not run into people was annoying me, so I just got the closeup:

{{gwi:146759}}

This came home with me, by request of my roommate:

{{gwi:146760}}

And this one was for me. I first saw it on Oak Hill's site, and then started noticing it showing up at places like Whole Foods. I decided if I saw one at the show, it was mine. I love the spotting on it.

{{gwi:146761}}

{{gwi:146762}}

So, that's all that's orchid related. I was hoping to find something on my wish list besides the Dtps, but it was not to be. Oh well, there's always the show at Longwood Gardens! I've never gone yet (something about not having a car and not knowing anyone with a car who'd want to go) but I think I just might get the chance this year!

Comments (5)