SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
counselor4444

Deep Cut Orchid Society Show- Photos and Review

counselor4444
15 years ago

Last weekend my husband and I attended the Deep Cut Orchid Society Show and Sale in Holmdel, New Jersey. I'm posting a lot of photos for your enjoyment and a review below:

Photos:

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly?fid=88eaab386f4a6776&sid=0Act2zZi4csWL5w

Review:

Overall, the show and sale was spectacular. I greatly enjoyed myself. The event was held at Dearborn Market and this was my first time attending. The whole event is held in a very large greenhouse. Half of the room is set up for show displays and half is set up for vendor tables. The show tables were of course, beautiful. Hundreds of orchids of all kinds- phals, cats, dendrobium, paphs, and so much more. There were also about a dozen vendors there. Waldor orchids was there and was by far the most reasonably priced with orchids in the $15-$45 range. Other vendors were there as well, but many seemed overpriced. They also offered two free lectures each day of the show. Unfortunately, there really is no place to have the lectures. They set up a microphone and some chairs in a corner of the greenhouse, but except for the few who got seats, it wasn't very easy for everyone else to stand and watch. So, I wasn't able to see/hear much.

Like I said, I had an absolutely wonderful time and look forward to my next orchid show and sale.

~Debbie

Comments (2)