SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tibs_gw

Never freeze your hamloaf, or why we had Chinese tonight

tibs
17 years ago

I had made a hamloaf a few weeks ago and froze it raw. Now, I had never froze hamloaf before, but had success with meatloaf. I don't have an exact recipe, just mix up the meat, chopped onions, celery, crushed pineapple, oatmeal, eggs, shape and freeze. Pulled it out of the frezzer put yams and cabbage around it, had dh put in the oven. And when I took it out of the freezer I had....hamloaf soup. I tasted it. It was not edible. We went to the local Chinese restaruant.

I have been puzzling and puzzling over this and I think I know what happened. I didn't use canned crushed pineapple, I chopped some fresh I had left over. The dh and I started reminising about my other big disasters in the kitchen, and in 26 years of marriage and 30+ of cooking, I think I have a pretty good batting average. There was the green grape tart that was liking eating marbles, the fresh spinich and whole wheat crust pizza that crunched because I didn't get all the grit out of the spinich (obviously this was before prewashed bagged greens), and the chicken kiev that never got done.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
More Discussions