Like a lion in the sky,

And makes us shiver

As he passes by.

When winds are soft,

And the days are warm and clear,

Just like a gentle lamb,

Then spring is here."

- Author Unknown

Truer words have not been spoken! It was so windy, Ed and I leaned forward as we walked to lunch (Demo's, seafood fettuccine, my favorite!) with daddy and my other mother. Although, I'd planned to sleep in, I ended up getting stuck with kid duty. Ed had a traffic study and had to meet the police officer who would work the traffic lights while he stood there and counted cars. Then the officer would press his button and cause cars to flower faster or slower, depending upon the cycle of the lights. It was important enough, I had to forgo sleeping in. But, in return, I got to start my day covered in kisses and hugs by one sweet young boy. My buddy. Got him off to school after one last lingering hug, boy he fits in my arms well (some day, I'll fit in his!), and a bye have a great day! exchange. I settled into my slow mode as I moseyed over to Starbucks (I know, I know, but Fido's is too busy at this time of the morning). I asked them to break out the china as I was staying for a while. I dallied, talking to the artist who is a frequent there, talking politics, the lasting effects of hurricane Katrina, and told him how to convert his 1967 VW bug to biodiesel. Then it was time to go. I needed to do something to feel like I'd pampered myself some.

I had spent a good part of last week deciding what I would do. My mind kept coming back to projects at the house. I'd argue with myself, saying, "that's for your family, not YOU silly!". But in the end, I wanted to; it makes me happy to fix the house. I put up my spice shelves (I only have 43 (especially since I figured out I have duplicates and combined them) Wanda) and filled them. I also figured out I don't have cardamom, saffron, running low on cocoa and many more. I do have loads of cumin and celery seeds??? I put up the bracket that holds the brooms, mops, etc. and added the trash cans and bins to the pantry. I took everything out that wasn't a pantry item, e.g. the ladder used to work in it! It's a pantry. I just stood there looking at it. Ah. Then I went outside to get something? I don't even remember what? and decided I needed to get my hands dirty. I'd thought about how I'd get that greenhouse I saw at Lowe's and start seeds, but then realized, I'm in the Miata today and Ed has the truck, so I had to give up until Saturday. So in the end, I filled the holes around the pergola supports and turned the soil in that bed. Then I stood staring at the yellow daffodils which opened yesterday (we had to straight days of 70 degree weather) and how it looked brighter next to the yellow green leaves of my favorite sedum 'Matrona'. They both looked brighter, giving each other a boost. I went to lunch and came back to fiddle around a bit, cleaning the kitchen and sweeping the hardwood floors which get icky! I picked up LF from school early and tried to figure out what I'd wear to dinner.

After I got him home, we sat and snuggled a bit, then he played while I got ready. Ed called and we went out for cocktails. LF gave me a card and some purple peeps. I'd pretend like they were me, Ed and LF, talking to each other and kissing each other. LF liked that. Then we went to dinner at the Melting Pot. It was fun. As we left to walk back to our which was blocks and blocks away, it began to rain. I just laughed and took off my shoes. We were soaked to the bone, but had splashed all the way back. LF and I laughed and played but we sure were glad to change into dry warm clothes and climb into bed, fulfilled with the day.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
More Discussions