SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisyjoy5

Mystery Fruit Tree

daisyjoy5
10 years ago

Hi all! I've been a lurker here for some time, but I was finally inspired to register and post. I have two trees in my yard that I'm having a difficult time identifying (planted by former owners). I believe they are fruit trees, though they've never actually set fruit yet in the 5+ years I've lived here. They are planted near my blueberry bushes, and I also have an apple tree that is just starting to put out fruit as of last year, and a plum tree (not sure which kind but they are small round fruits that are quite tart yet make a lovely jam). I assume this is also a fruit tree since it is planted near these others. I didn't think to catch pictures of the flowers close-up but this tree blooms heavily in early spring with small white flowers.
My other half and I are in disagreement as to whether this may be another plum tree or a peach tree. I do have a peach tree, but the leaves are much larger than these and the shape of the tree seems more similar to my mystery plum tree (maybe that will be a different post!)
I'm sorry I didn't put anything in for scale with the leaves, but they are smallish, probably

Any help is really appreciated!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH