SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mehitabel_gw

Christmas presents arrived

mehitabel
16 years ago

Hey, everyone. My Christmas present in the form of phals from Norman's (I cheated and got two from Odom's as well) arrived.

The plants from Odom's were huge as usual, leaf span at least 24", went right into a 6" pot. And as usual, nice big spikes. Got Ho's Black Cherub, and Tropican Lady. Tropican lady has a tall branched spike with two open flowers-- a brilliant, glowing pink/magenta. Not the usual dirty pink at all. Beautiful! Glows at you from 20' away.

The plants from Norman's were the best I've ever gotten from them-- big plants, with lots of leaves and big leaf span. Both of these were in spike as well, a nice surprise as I didn't order that. Got In Charm Jade 'Dove' (a cross between Timothy Christopher x a big waxy white). Have another of these ('Sweet Fragrance'), blooms in clusters of lovely waxy white flowers, gorgeous. Had 7 leaves.

Also got Yungho Gelb Canary, another waxy white, supposed to be fragrant. This one has been on my want list for nearly a year, and I was pleased to finally get such a big one (and spiked).

New orchids and pot trays-- how could anyone ask for more?

Comments (6)