SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sazgrower

2 mystery plants need identification!!

Sazgrower
13 years ago

I'm not by any means an experienced gardener, and I have no idea what I'm dealing with here... we bought the house 5 years ago and most of the lovely plants have been destroyed by our chickens :( but these two continue to come up year after year, and I'd love to know what they are so I can learn more about them.

The first is a sort of a grass that grows from tiny little bulbs. The grass is very smooth and almost succulent. It grows in little clumps and only gets to about 4-6 inches tall. It is very deep green in color. We have *never* seen any sort of flower from it. These little bulbs are EVERYWHERE. I need to know if they are good to keep or if I should try to get rid of them!

The second is a flowering plant that grows from roots, it produces small pointed pale leaves that almost look a little fuzzy. They produce small white flowers in spring and they are incredibly fragrant. I LOVE this plant and want to know more about it!

Thanks for any suggestions you might have... Here is a link to pictures of the plants... http://photo2.walgreens.com/walgreens/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=9247366002/a=16805699_16805699/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=walgreens/

Comments (6)