SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ronbre

my rainy day project (well blizzardy)

ronbre
15 years ago

what to do on a snowy day, you can't really go out in a blizzard ..i know as i nearly froze going to the mail box ..had to shovel about a foot of snow to get there..and my hands were hurting and bright red when i got back.

well i decided to do that project i've been thinking about now for years..My mom had given me an antique secretary desk with a curved glass china cabinet ..many years ago..and the inside walls of the cabinet were not finished..i know wierd huh? I had been batting around ideas of fabric or wallpaper, but it is my TEA cabinet in my dinette area of our kitchen by the rear sliders onto the deck..and i thought, why not decoupage cook book pages onto the back.

Well I hauled all the stuff out of it today, took out the shelves and glued pages of an old crappy cook book (antique but not valuable or worth saving) to the inner walls of the cabinet..and then put the stuff back in.

I took a lot of pictures but you really can't see the walls inside very well..too much glare. This is where i keep my tea sets, a set of purple glass dishes, some pink dishes, tea balls, teabag holders, a few cookbooks and a lot of tea..

I'm going to put on a few of the picture, you can barely see the cookbook pages in the back, but it isn't dark like a cave like it was before, really really dark inside. (no no place for lights) ..i hung a few antique crocheted potholders and hot pads and hung some of the tea balls inside too this time..just with thumbtacks.

{{gwi:143117}}

{{gwi:143118}}

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County
More Discussions