SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

And about time too!!!

gandle
15 years ago

Do you realize that spring begins in a month, 30 short days. That needs to happen this year, winter is getting rather shabby and is beginning to look like a derelict and I am rather sick of cold high winds and zero mornings. There are parsnps in the garden and where the snow had melted away I tried to dig some. The spading fork sounded like I hit the sidewalk with it. The ground is frozen that hard, maybe in a month or so they will be available. I'm tired of trees with no leaves on them and would be happy to see the cranes come back. Maybe I'm just getting old but this winter has seemed like one endless period of putting on extra heavy coats and fighting the howling winds. I'm tired of carrying wood in and ashes out, I'm tired of eating lettuce that tastes like it has been laying around in some refrigerated storage for a month. And in about 40 days we will open the museum, it better warm up because we have no heat in there. Enough complaining, I'm really happy with where I live but the winters are seemingly getting longer.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Swimming Pool Builders in Licking County, OH
More Discussions