SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
endorphinjunkie

Winter DayDreaming

endorphinjunkie
16 years ago

It's a cold winter's day, cold enough to keep one off the river in mid January with an even colder wind coming out of the north.

Thanks, Sheila for bringing up the book Three Men and a Boat: To Say Nothing of the Dog. I don't know how such a great book flew under my boating radar for so long.

Winder daydreams are taking me to that famous river. Would love to be there during an English summer and have nothing to do but

{{gwi:139866}}

Now that caption leads me to wonder about the etomoly of the word Slacker.

Well, since I learned of the American Great Loopers, using river and canals to get around, that sparked a memory of the British Industrial Revolution and the canals that were built for it. Came across a modern pass time using these canals and the vessels are called Narrow Boats.

{{gwi:139867}}

A Narrowboat holiday might even be a better way to spend a couple of weeks.

Methinks I will put on a pot of soup and make a cup of hot chocolate, as what heat there is is leaving the day.

Winter Daydreams are kinda of pleasant. It's nice way to spend a day if one must stay inside...

Reading Three Men on a Boat: ... on line is nice, but I would like to have a for real live book of that book. I would like to have an older copy. Doubt though I could afford a first edition. Second editions will do me well enough. Off to eBay, Amazon, and Alibris...

Elia

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions