SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jazmynsmom

LOL! It happened again!

jazmynsmom
17 years ago

We got a bit more snow and the little girl next door called to ask if Izzy and I could come out to play dog sled. Since she did such a good cat-sitting job for us and since I wanted to go enjoy the falling snow anyway, we were happy to oblige.

The sidewalks were shoveled so we went to the park at the top of the hill where we found a whole bunch of kids and a couple grown ups sledding and snowboarding down the other side of the hill. We were having a pretty good time when a lady with a black lab approached Izzy and me. After confirming the mutual sociability of our dogs, we allowed them to play and began to chat without introducing ourselves. My next door neighbor joined us and the two of them reintroduced themselves after having established they'd previously met at a neighborhood event.

The other ladies identified their respective kids and then the lab momma asked if Izzy belonged to my neighbor. I was puzzled since I was holding her harness rope and responded, "No, she's mine!"

The lady responded by asking me my age, which completely baffled me, but I answered her honestly. Her jaw dropped and she apologized profusely. She had thought I was 17 at most! (Did she think I was my neighbor's daughter?)

I was well amused, though my next door neighbor was (understandably) less so. This is the third time such a misunderstanding has happened in the past year. The other two times I was riding my bike. I suppose I shouldn't give those developing crow's feet another thought and just stay active. Apparently, it keeps me very young!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
More Discussions