SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilod_gw

Journal 12 January 2007

lilod
17 years ago

Casa Lilo CA

The old-timers are always right! It is said that when the fall foliage is particularly bright and colorful, it predicts a cold and dry winter. We had day-glo color on the hardwoods, even the ones generally not so spectacular, so what is happening?

We are way low on the rain, about half of normal and it is cold! There is thick ice on the pond, not safe to walk on, but thick just the same. Jillarry went out with the pedal-boat to play icebreaker, and they could not break it in the shady areas. I played icebreaker by removing the thick ice on the waterlily half-barrel, which houses three fat goldfish.

The sky is azure and the sun is bright and the air is so dry! My hair is full of static electricity and my lips seem to be falling off.

Joann had a nice surprise at the feed store Wednesday, the salvage people gave her about 20 lbs. of roast-beef, frozen, salvaged from a delivery truck rollover, she is sharing it with me, and what I don't eat myself, dogs and cats will appreciate it. Would you call it "high class road kill"?

These men make their living cleaning up after accidents, and whatever is usable, is theirs.

This bright sunshine makes me see all the messes in the house and gets me to clean them, generally it's too dark in winter to do that. My windows! Too cold to do anything about them outside, though.

The sunshine also gives me the illusion that it's time to go out in the garden, definitely an illusion, it's too darn cold!

I shall go outside and put more shavings into Gussie's pen, more straw in her dog house, the cold does not appear to faze her at all, in her former life at the ranch she didn't even have a dog house.

After that, wood-chucking, re-loading the rack on the deck.

After that, tea and some reading, until it's time to feed everybody.

Serenity, everyone!

Lilo

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH
More Discussions