SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Journal 7 January 2008

rob333 (zone 7b)
16 years ago

This weekend was very productive. How productive was it? Every inch of me is sore. On top of construction, because it was great weather (yea!), we raked the yard, swept the saw dust and rearranged our work area on the back porch. We also decided the final placement of the bathroom fixtures, again. This time will have to be the absolute last so that the plumbing can go forward. I went to the grocery store and decided several meals for the week. I pulled out the frozen chili and penne with vodka cream sauce. I added more chilis to the chili and loads of cheese to the pasta after they thawed. I baked a ham which we had for dinner last night with mac-n-cheese (really great after a hard day of physical labor). I'll use the scraps and bones to make white beans with cornbread. Since all of those are reheated, there won't be dishes this week, which is good since the pile is so high Ed (his job since I plan the menus, prepare the meal and clean up the prep) has to climb a ladder just to start at the top; the dishes went undone last week. He drives me crazy with that, but what can I do? I did find a bottle of 8 hour Tylenol, which makes me happy with all the soreness, so all is good.

Today. Mom gave me a bag of shoes recently, one of my favs since she has great taste. She's getting more uncomfortable in her old age, so has begun giving them away. Unfortunately, I left the bag in the back of Ed's daily driver and the bag ended up left on the back porch. Today has been quite the adventure of cleaning sloughed off suede and dye which is coming off the shoes onto my hose! I've been cleaning and cleaning and cleaning... it's like the cat trying to get the pink out of the house. And just when I thought, "I can clean off a couple more times (it's almost stopped) and make it home!", I noticed the strap seemed really loose. When I looked to tighten it, I noticed it was as tight as it could go. Looking closer I figured out, the strap was held on by a thread. One thread, literally, that was it! I just had to giggle to myself. I found a huge safety pin and it's on good enough to make it home. Time to go clean the tops of my feet and ankles again. Keep on trucking!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor
More Discussions