SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrbreeze_gw

Mangosteen!

mrbreeze
16 years ago

I'm back! And I've now climbed the Mt. Everest of tropical fruits in the god forsaken state I live in. Basically when you ask people that have lived in or are from a tropical country, what the best fruit in the world is?...they invariably say either cherimoya (see other thread), or mangosteen. Thus, I've been searching far and wide for years, for both. And once more our amazing Vietnamese market came through.

The dude told me it was the first time fresh mangosteen had ever been sold in Oklahoma. *sniff* Its almost like our state is growing up. It kinda sickens me to think about all the poor saps that live in places where you can get these fruits all the time, and they don't know it. In fact, I shouldn't even be spreading this info. Ok...nevermind, please do not eat mangosteen or cherimoya, nor lychee or santa clause melon.

There is really only one left that i'm aware of. Only one more challenge. One last mountain to climb. It is...*drum roll*...the fruit of the Monstera deliciouso plant. When ripe, the flavor is said to rival the best fruit flavors in the world. When unripe, deadly poison. If anyone's houseplant makes a fruit, may I have it? TIA

-MB

Comments (9)