SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Truck for KJ

User
14 years ago

My truck is a '68 International travelette (their name for a crew cab) that was originally a 1200 3/4 ton two wheel drive. They are hard to find brake drums for so I found a 1300 4wd with a trashed body that had good drive train and put the axles and transfer box in. The front bumper was added then.

That lasted for a few years then those drums wore out, again hard to find. I found a '66 1300 4wd in a junk yard with good drums and used them, still have that one too. It even has a cow catcher on the front bumper.

Those drums went bad and I took the rear axle from my '67 Dodge power wagon so I would have the brakes. One of the drums broke last month and they are hard to find too. I found one in a junk yard that still had some metal and now am running. But when it rains it pours. The transmission lost the part that keeps it in park so needs a new part. At least it is not a full rebuild.

A good thing I found out while looking for brake drums is ford F700 front disc brakes will fit on my axles. That means I can adapt them and have disc brakes all around as soon as I can afford the parts.

I tell people that ask to buy it that they will likely bury me in it. I get asked about twice a month.

{{gwi:135479}}

{{gwi:135490}}

{{gwi:135491}}

{{gwi:135515}}

{{gwi:135518}}

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville
More Discussions