SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heathereh_gw

How to Book - Fruit Trees, Espalier

heathereh
12 years ago

We're going to move next year, all being well, which means I get to plant an entirely new type of garden. I've done large perennial beds and flowering trees in a very large garden, xeriscaped a tiny city garden, and now I want to grow fruit and veg. I've got the gardening basics, but haven't a clue when it comes to managing fruit trees. I'd like an Empire and a Snow/Fameuse apple tree, and at least one more. And veg, maybe a few herbs, and planted like my grandfather and father did: fruit, flowers, veg all together in a traditional type cottage garden.

Nice dream. What I want is a book or two on co-planting perhaps Great Garden Companions by Sally Jean Cunningham, and a straightforward book on growing fruit trees, the more basic and technical the better. I'm looking to do a little reasearch so I know what kind of garden plot to look for when we're looking for a new house and what size it would have to be. No sense buying something that won't let me do what I want, but I don't want to buy something too big for me to manage, either. I'm retired, so I have the time available to nuture a new garden, but I'm past the stage where I want a lot of backbreaking work.

All advice will be very welcome. I've lots to learn.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz