SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fall_gw

Snowblower Recommendation

fall
13 years ago

Any suggestions for a great snowblower. I have a small lawn, but a long driveway with a large parking area in the rear of the house where the garage is (under main house in basement). What is the best brand? The cost range I have seem goes from extremes. I believe it makes sense for me to get a better snowblower because shoveling takes too long and hiring a plow is too expensive. I currently use a Snapper I bought used years ago (22" with a 6HP engine). It generally does OK, but gets tough when I have higher accumulations, and the rear parking area is always difficult due to its size. The Snapper typically cannot through far enough so I have to make small cuts and blow snow already blown that lands too close.

People have recommended I get a used tractor with a plow. Is this a good option. I kind of have a feeling that set up is more show than go. Does a tractor and plow actually work well? I envision the thing not getting adequate traction. And a tractor is too big for my lawn, so it would be purchased soley for snow removal only. Others said a gravely walk behind with a plow?

What are the best snowblower brands?

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting