SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spunbondwarrior

Question for "Grafting Tool" users

spunbondwarrior
9 years ago

First, for those of you who are apple freaks, it was Henry Morton himself who taught me how to graft over 20 something years ago.
Ever since I never used anything more than a real sharp pocket knife and grafting wax and some white bandage type tape, and did quite nicely.
Those days are gone for me now as several years ago a moron passed a school bus on a curve and among other charming reminders, left me now an exclusively right handed no longer predominantly left handed person without the fine motor coordination skills that anyone using razor sharp knives in close proximity to their digits should at all times have.

Regardless of that, and the advice from the neuro and physical therapy folks that I am as good as I am ever gonna get and should forget about returning to my "old ways", I am determined to start grafting again and over time fill our now empty pasture with all the varieties of all the kinds of fruits that will grow around here.

I am not looking for advice and/or comments on how much easier and simpler and whatever else grafting by hand may be, as the reality of the situation is that just ain't gonna happen round here no more...

What I am asking for is real world comments and advice and opinions from real world users of whatever kind of "Grafting Tool" devices that you might have or be using.

OK! All that too many words about not much at all being said, if you do indeed for whatever reason use any sort of modern day "Grafting Tool" for grafting especially apple but every other kind of fruits too, I would very much appreciate your thoughts and opinions of like and dislikes and whatever you might have to say about what you now or previously have used.

Thank you!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH