SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
diclemeg

Toro Super Recycler warranty HELP

diclemeg
14 years ago

I bought a SR4 last September online, but haven't used it until this May, and have used it maybe 12 times so far, and has always seemed to run slow. Finally I decided I wasn't happy with it, for when mulching, it'd leave clumps of grass, and bagging would only fill bad 1/3 of way and leave everything else on lawn. Since I have a pool, this isn't acceptable because I cannot have clumps blowing into it. And the lawn is getting ruined because of THATCH.

Also the rear rubber lip that I guess protects your feet while mowing keeps falling off.

I checked the air filter, and its slight dirty but normal for three months use, and cleaned it, and running without the filter, it still runs very slow.

So this morning I take it to the local Toro dealer here on Long Island, but I did not buy it from them. It is supposed to be under warranty.

First thing he says is "the filter is saturated with gasoline !! you need to BUY a new filter" and I proceeded to tell him that without the filter, its still super sluggish. Then he says, "the blade is dull !! you gotta sharpen it" so I pull out a coupon for free sharpening from Toro. And he hands it back to me saying he doesn't accept it. And regarding the rear rubber lip, he says "Thats not covered under warranty!!!", point out that there is a small crack in the body of it, (but has nothing to do with it falling out).... I ask him to please check the rpm speed, for it seems slow and I cannot adjust it by hand....

He essentially tells me that he cannot and has to charge me for any work BECAUSE Toro might not reimburse him, etc, etc.

At this point, I became irate and said this mower has been used three months, and has always run slow, and to adjust the rpm speed because the consumer can no longer do it with these new throttle bodies, and left.

I called Toro afterwards, and they say hes supposed to adjust the rpm, and they will call the area service manager.

Is there a way for me to adjust the rpm speed myself ? On the old mowers I could do so, now I tried and the gas tank is blocking it. Could I have taken off the tank and adjusted the governor set at factory, which obviously had been set too low ?

I'm starting to think this Toro SuperCare is only marketing.. This dealer was pulling every trick trying not to do any warranty work. I even asked him to lets just quickly adjust the speed and I'll gladly leave.

Anybody have advice/thoughts ???? Thanks in advance.

Comments (4)