SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
irislover7b

a few questions about broken china mosaics

irislover7b
17 years ago

I have a gold-plated round tray, and have cut the china and arranged it. I would like to put the center round focal I cut from a serving platter in the center, and some cut pieces of the same platter around it. They are the same thickness. Then around that, I'd like to put the cut edges of the same platter. It's a wavy rope type edge, with gold trim (Harker Pottery, Royal Gadroon shape). Since they're from the edge of the platter, they're thinner than the pieces I'd like to put in the center of the tray. Then around those edge pieces, I'd like to put a row of some pieces decorated with gold filagree that I cut from some plates. They're just slightly thicker than the gold trimmed edge they'd be adjacent to, but not quite as thick as the pieces cut from the platter. I don't care if the top surface is not level when I'm finished, but I wondered if there would be a problem with grouting. The thinnest pieces have the wavy rope edge with gold trim, and I don't want to cover it with grout. I think I should use sanded grout, but will need to keep it off of the pieces with the gold trim so that it won't scratch the gold off. The gold is on top of the glaze. I've also asked for help on the Mosaic forum. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!