SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ruralpa

This ever happen to anyone else?

busylizzy
15 years ago

For Christmas last year I made a glass hanging totem for my sis-in-law. The colored glass was a light blue vase I picked up at Wally World for 50 cents. When I visited the yard this summer in the beginning it was fine, but by August the blue colored glass was clear.

For another I used copper and silver BB shot and ornately decorated a colbalt bottle, the BB's fell off the glass after a few rains and I couldn't get the GE SiliconeII off so I cried when I sent it to recycling.

I was given 2 awesome hanging lamps from the 70's that I want to make totems of, although I should sell em on Ebay as they are selling for 75.00 a piece now, but they are too KEWL.

So, has anyone experienced fading colors in newer colored glass over Vintage?

If I glue these lamps and they fade I will do more than cry. They are the Avocado Green and the Harvest Gold colors.

Also, I was going to make glass flowers for xmas gifts, but being the BB's that fell off the other glass I didn't want the same issues with gluing glass/china to a metal post, or embelish. ( I picked up great real copper "umbrella art" pieces cheap at Lowes end of season)

Is there a better adhesive when gluing metal to glass or china?

Should I sand lightly the glass first before adhering mteal?

Thank you in advance all you Garden Art Wizards!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!