SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fpmom_gw

What happened to my lawn??? HELP

10 years ago

Hoping somebody can help provide some advice to a newbie...
First time owning a house with lawn and during the last year we have owned I have been trying to get the lawn looking good while also being careful to not use anything too toxic due to young children and dogs
Prior to going away last week it was looking great - I had overseeded 3 weeks ago and also fertilised with Milorganite and the lawn was looking lush and dark green and had started to fill in the areas where the grubs got to it in May/June (I'm assuming grubs)
I had been watering every day because of the new grass and prior to leaving on Wednesday (day before July 4th) there had been a huge rainfall 2 days prior to that on Mon...I then cut the grass on Tuesday after the big rain because we had so much rain the last week and it was really long - I was gone for 4 days and it was very hot each day
I come home last night and the lawn is plagued with brown patches - I'm completely distressed because I was gone 4 days and I come home to what looks like somebody else's lawn... it really looks awful - from completely all over green to now half brown and big brown patches
PLEASE HELP...thoughts? What happened???
Will watering bring it back? What to do???
I prob sound pedantic but this lawn was in bad shape when we moved in and I've spent a lot of time and energy on it which isn't easy when I am doing it during my toddlers nap time!!!

Comments (7)